Friday, July 24, 2009

"We're back" continued...

Sometimes we forget we're living in such a beautiful place and think, "ugh there's nothing to do today"...but then we remember that we live on an island that's just begging to be explored. We hiked to these waterfalls one day with some friends and had so much fun. We jumped into the waterfall and even hiked back a little further up the waterfall and found some nature-made rock slides. There's just something so awesome about being somewhere that hardly anyone knows about...swiss family robinson style!
I perfected the art of enchilada making, which according to Alex put me way higher up on the "good wife" scale
I turned 22 :) Alex gave me lilies and made me a beautiful dinner complete with a glorious diet coke!
Alex went to Washington DC to represent BYU-Hawaii as the SIFE PresidentWe did tons of snorkeling these last couple months and we got to see so many amazing things. We swam and played with a giant sea turtle that let us hold onto its shell as it pulled us along, we got to see some HUGE fish that we haven't seen before including scary looking ones with teeth, and we got some awesome pictures of our very favorite fish like the one below...tough life eh?...

5 nice thoughts:

colterhaycock said...

What is SIFE? I want to go to Washington DC. Next time, invite me kjære!

I want to go snorkeling for hours when we come to visit :)

I will always comment on your stupid blog - but I don't see any comments from you tramps on our blog... What's up with that?

Kimbo said...

So much fun. I love it. I hope Mike and I end up there at some point with the Air Force. It would be so fun. Glad you're back.

p.s. set my blog to private so shoot me your email if you want to come see it still kimberlymohlman@gmail.com. No pressure though ;)

Crystal Spencer said...

Emily! I am so happy you updated your blog... I was wondering what was going on with you guys lately. I know I always tell you this, but you guys are livin the life! Hawaii looks amazing (as always), your dates look creative and fun (Taylor and I need to adopt some of your ideas), and those enchiladas look mouthwatering! The only thing is.... that little Oliver looks cute and all, but have you checked out our new little addition?! Wow... he might be a good contender for the "CUTEST little boy in the world"!!! ;) Hope everything keeps going well for you two! Tell Alex hi for me!

Unknown said...

nice pics! and just so you 2 know, I believe we are hiring for luau! haha

Unknown said...

Hey! I'm Alex's cousin and I saw you updated your blog from facebook! It is so cute! You two look so happy! sorry we weren't able to attend your wedding. Hawaii looks amazing as usual!